Using imaging to guide diagnoses and treatment
Interventional Radiology at Beverly Hospital
Interventional radiology uses imaging to guide radiologists during minimally invasive procedures. These procedures can help make a diagnosis or as part of your treatment. They allow you to receive the care you need with just tiny incisions and a shorter recovery time.
Our board-certified interventional radiologists perform a number of specialized procedures. These include biopsies and cancer therapies, lung, heart and vascular treatments, orthopedic procedures and more. Many of our interventional radiology procedures are done in our state-of-the-art cardiovascular suite.
Procedures We Offer
Our interventional radiologists offer procedures for diagnoses and treatment of a variety of conditions. For more information about these procedures, please visit RadiologyInfo.org.
- Biliary drainage and stenting
- Biopsies of the lung, liver, thyroid, kidneys, lymph nodes and numerous other organs/sites
- CT myelography
- Diagnostic and therapeutic paracentesis
- Diagnostic and therapeutic thoracentesis
- Diagnostic angiography and venography
- Endovascular AAA repair
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty
- Percutaneous gastrostomy
- Peripheral and renal vascular interventions (angioplasty and vascular stents)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) of Liver Tumors
- Renal/ureteral drainage and stenting
- Uterine artery embolization
- Venous access procedures (chest ports, dialysis catheters and central venous lines)
Interventional Radiology: Tim Frey, MD
Services & Specialties
Our interventional radiology team works closely with other specialists to ensure our patients receive the best possible care.