Help paying your medical bills
Get Help Paying Your Medical Bill
At Beverly Hospital, we're committed to helping people in the communities we serve access the care they need. We offer free or discounted health services to people who can't afford to pay.
Our Financial Assistance Policy
If you don’t have health insurance, a member of our financial counseling team will work with you. We’ll help you learn if you’re eligible for financial help programs, free of charge.
We make it easy to apply for medical financial help, even if you have some insurance. Our financial counselors help you fill out forms needed for all financial assistance programs if you’re eligible. This service is free.
If you're approved for financial help, it will apply at these locations:
- Addison Gilbert Hospital
- Anna Jaques Hospital
- BayRidge Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Milton
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Beverly Hospital
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
- Lahey Medical Center, Peabody
- Mount Auburn Hospital
- New England Baptist Hospital
- Winchester Hospital
Massachusetts State Insurance
You may be eligible for a state program like MassHealth, depending on your family income and family size.
Health Connector is an independent Massachusetts agency that provides health insurance information such as:
- Commonwealth Choice, where you can compare plans from the state's major insurers to find a plan that’s right for you.
- The Commonwealth Care program, which offers low-cost or no-cost health insurance for people who qualify and provides comprehensive benefits as well as a choice of health plans.
Health Plans for Children
Massachusetts provides free and low-cost health care programs for children with no insurance or not enough insurance.
Our financial counselor helps you learn which program your children qualify for.
Every child is eligible for at least one of these programs:
- MassHealth has the best benefits for uninsured children.
- CommonHealth is for children with disabilities whose family income is too high for MassHealth.
- Children's Medical Security Plan is for all other children 18 years and younger who don't qualify for MassHealth.
Certain physicians are not covered under our financial assistance policy.
To request financial assistance or ask questions, please call our Financial Services office at 978-922-3000, ext. 2127, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Financial Assistance Documents and Policies by Language
Covered and Non-Covered Providers and Clinics / Proveedores y clínicas cubiertos y no cubiertos por la política de asistencia financiera
Covered and Non-Covered Providers and Clinics (Japanese)
Credit & Collection Policy (Japanese)
Financial Assistance Policy (Japanese)
Financial Assistance Policy Plain Language Summary (Japanese)
Financial Assistance Policy Application (Japanese)
Medical Hardship Application (Japanese)